Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A Couple of Things I Like

It's nice when products deliver what they say they do. For instance, don't you hate it when you pick up a bag of tortilla chips that says, "Restaurant Style!" but they are not at all that way? They're not thin and crispy, like those freshly fried at your favorite Mexican eatery. Well, Super Mario and I have found some that live up to the claim! Unfortunately for the rest of the world, they're only made in our neck of the woods. They're called Nuevo Laredo, are only $1.00 a bag, and they are outstanding! It's as if someone brought them to us in a paper-lined basket with a little bowl of salsa. I don't know how many bags we've gone through, but each time we eat them, we say, "Wow! I cannot believe how much these taste JUST LIKE the ones you get in the restaurant!" I hope they make it to your neck of the woods very soon.

Also, it's nice when a company delivers what it says it does. Not like our old garbage company. My kudos go now to Netflix! Super Mario and I LOVE Netflix! I like it so much because you can get any movie in the world there, or so it seems. For instance, once the LDS missionaries let me borrow the movie Charley. I loved it. It tugged at my heartstrings. I thought that it would be great to see more movies like that, but where in the heck am I going to find them? Should I go hunting around my new town, trying to find some more missionaries, just to roll down my window and ask, "Hey, do you have some Charley-esque movies that I might borrow?" But after doing some research, guess where I found a bunch of them? Netflix! Not to mention other things that my local vidoe store doesn't carry. Things like documentaries on all kinds of things, especially historical things, which is what I like so much. Or television series. Or, for Super Mario, WWF Allstars 1985 (or something like that). Netflix is amazing! And we get the movies so fast. If you don't have Netflix, you should try it! Really. It is great.

After our trash service fiasco, it's nice to have something to sing about!

1 comment:

Coach said...

Having tried Netflix, Blockbuster, and even WalMart's DVD mail rental service, I'm totally with you on how nice it is to have access to that broad of a selection.

We found pluses and minuses to each company, but Netflix was our favorite because they have more mailing centers than the others. The turn around time was shorter, and consequently you get more rentals in a month: more bang for your buck.

The only nicer thing about Blockbuster was that they have monthly coupons you print that give you free in-store rentals. That's nice when you want some new release *right now* for the weekend and all your disks are in the mail. But I think we still liked Netflix better overall.