Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A brief update

A quick update on the issue I had with Verizon Wireless.

I faxed Verizon the information that they requested (power of attorney and letter from doctor) so that I could cancel Marty's phone without the cancellation fee. A few weeks later my statement showed that they were charging me for breaking the contract. Dad happened to be in town again, so he called again to see what was going on.

Mysteriously, even though I had faxed all of the information twice, that letter from the doctor didn't make it. Hmmm. Dad re-faxed it.

I got a call the next day. They didn't really think Marty's health issues were serious enough. I was even asked, "Well, is it terminal?"

A few more weeks with more hoops and paperwork and I finally found out that they would waive that cancellation fee.

The account now shows that they owe me $20.

That's what I was trying to tell them in the first place!

3 comments:

Crazy Horse Lady said...

WOW. Maybe we should all go back to two cups and a string. :) Sorry to hear about all the hastle, but glad to hear it's all straightened out. :)

When I have more time I'll have to tell you all about my woes with bad customer service...

B said...

I'm glad they finally got it all figured out. Do you think that they'll issue a refund check?

What an absolute nightmare to have to go thru!I'm so glad your dad was able to help them see reason.

Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
»