Thursday, May 04, 2006

Behold, The Trash Man Cometh . . .

OK, so this really only has to do with my neck of the woods, but since I'm supposed to use this blog to share my grudge . . . I'm gonna.
We recenlty changed garbage pick-up companies, and here's why:
Our last garbage company would hardly ever come to pick up our trash! Some weeks they'd come on both scheduled days, others they might come on one of them, still others, not at all! The last straw occured last week. We had our trash out on our scheduled day and prayed for the trash man to come. He didn't. We left it out for the next scheduled day and figured the trash would be taken away. It wasn't. The next week, the same thing happened. There was no sign of our garbage pick-up, and we have no idea why. I suppose we could have called, but we'd heard other people on our street complain about the service, so we just did the next best thing and dropped them.
I want to tell you that we are so much happier with our new service! They show up before the sun is up on the scheduled pickup days, without fail. You just never realize how nice that is until you go for about three weeks with NONE AT ALL!!!!!

4 comments:

Coach said...

Man. If only people would just go ahead an provide the services you pay for. Am I right? :-)

Plus, this post makes me think of my trash-fixated toddler. Thanks, Amy

MMA Lady said...

No kidding, Coach. We'd be much better off with Sam around here to take care of our trash problems. I'm sure that Sam would be prompt and eager to deal with the situation!

B said...

Wow! I did not realize that could happen! I'm glad things are going better with the new company!

MMA Lady said...

Oh, b, you don't know the half of it! We should have switched services last year. After we got home from the Hurrican Rita evacuation, the trash situation was really bad, and our incompetent trash company was even on the news for not picking up people's trash! We've had excellent service since we (thankfully) switched!