Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Do You Want Some Money?????

I try to watch the second hour of Good Morning America each day, from 8-9AM. A series they are doing this month is "$100 a Day in May." One morning, it was about finding unclaimed money you may have floating around out there somewhere. It may be a security deposit you never remembered to pick up, or some such thing. I looked in every state that I live (though if there was ever money for me to be had, I pretty much scraped it up before I left whichever state it was), but found nothing for myself. However, I found some funds for my aunt and uncle and some for Scott's mom - a pretty substantial chunk of change, in fact!

To find out if you have any unclaimed funds, just go to
unclaimed.org
and click on the state where your funds might be. Since you only have to put in names, you can search for family members or even friends and neighbors! One lady on GMA had found unclaimed funds for most of the people in her neighborhood! I suggest charging a commission if you do find other people's money!

Anyway, just something fun to do, and since I really DID find some unclaimed money, I wanted to pass this along!

1 comment:

Coach said...

Sweet. I just found an entry for my dad and my brother. I hope it turns out well for them.

Very cool. Too bad my name wasn't there. "Shane Hopkins, you forgot to pick up your lottery winnings of $64,892,752,547,282,468,382. Have a nice day."