Thursday, April 27, 2006

About Cars and Buying Cars

Wow! I love My List, ya'll! This is my second post in one day!
I wanted to let consumers know about a great vehicle - the Nissan X-Terra. Actually, my family and I have all had great luck with Nissan - my brother and parents both drive one, and until recently, I drove the X-Terra, and I loved that little thing. I bought it to be my "fun single girl car," and that's exactly what it was. Eliza and I were girls-about-town in my blue beast. When I bought it, the sales guy said, "These things are little tanks," and it's true. An X-Terra, the best I understand, is basically a Nissan Fronteir truck frame with the X-Terra body. I bought it in Little Rock, AR in 2000, and drove it from AR to San Francisco in 2001; from San Fransisco to Eastern Washington and back in 2002; from San Fransisco to Iowa in 2003; from Iowa to Arkansas and Texas and back to Iowa in July of 2004; from Iowa to Texas (when we moved) in August of 2004, and from Texas to Arkansas and back a few times before we traded it in for the van that we now have, which was September of 2005. And that X-Terra never, ever gave me a bit of trouble. All that driving, all those miles, and my trusty X-Terra was there for me. My brother commented on how well it handled mountain driving as we passed through the Sierra Nevadas and other various mountain ranges on our way from CA to IA - while other vehicles were sucking gas, my X-Terra stayed smooth and steady, passing other cars as though they were standing still, and we were hauling a U-Haul trailor to boot! Sadly, I had to part with my lovely SUV in favor of a more family-oriented vehicle, though we have not been disappointed with our Dodge Grand Caravan, but I do miss the fun I had in my little X-Terra. I guarantee that it would do you well should you purchase one.

As for the car-buying experience, we went to CarMax when we made the trade from SUV to minivan, and I highly recommend going there! I couldn't believe how easy it was - the price you see is the price you get. There is absolutely no pressure to purchase a car. Our sales guy was like, "These are the cars we have that you are saying you want and that are in your price range. If you like one, great. If not, no problem." When we need to change vehicles again, or purchase an additiona vehicle in the future, we won't think twice about going to CarMax. It was the most pleasant and easiest car-buying experience I've ever had.

No comments: